13 December, 2011

My adventures in the new life...

Hello all! Here I am... avoiding my homework that is due tomorrow night. Stupid, but with my current nasty little headache, I'm writing it off as necessary. It's been a busy few days. Sunday, it was announced in my new ward about my TWO new callings (yes, two... which they didn't seem to remember to tell ME about, but whatever), and then I was set apart for both of them afterwards. I also sang in the choir while I could barely even talk... THAT was interesting. I'm just grateful that I was able to hit (most of) the notes and I didn't start choking on the stand. :]

On top of that, I was approached by probably a dozen or so people about the choir, which I am now COMPLETELY taking over. The coolest part? The majority of them weren't people currently in the choir, their people that want to be a part of the choir but have always been too nervous/embarrassed to participate,  and SEVEN of these people told me that for some reason, my being called to the choir director gave them the courage to want to join. Even cooler than that, there are a few people that speak very little english that have always avoided the choir because the current choir only performs in english. And they're asking ME to help them to be able to participate.

Which inspired an idea...So now I'm in the process of looking for a song or two in spanish for all the spanish speakers in the ward, that I can help the current choir members to sing in a few months!! Which will be AMAZING since there's a good portion of the ward who only speaks spanish, and has everything translated for them. I think it'll be amazing for the choir music to be directed towards THEM for once. I'm ridiculously excited about it.

It's going to be crazy, very busy, and definitely going to force me out of my comfort zone, but I'm finding the faith I need to feel confident. It's definitely scary, and stressful, and I'm going to need a lot of help, but these people are really making me feel like this is what I'm meant to be doing right now. I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

And over the last few days, one quote keeps coming to mind...


Here's hoping for the best!


X,

Emie

No comments:

Post a Comment