07 October, 2011

Oh, Sadness becomes me. :D

Bonsoir mes amies!!

I am VERY sad today. In a very happy kind of way.

As many of you already know, I am in the process of moving from Nampa, Idaho to San Antonio, Texas.

And I have about another week before I am actually moving.

But yesterday, what did I discover?

WHO is in San Antonio? THIS weekend?? The weekend of my BIRTHDAY?? The person whom to meet would make the MOST AMAZING BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER??

Oh yeah. This guy.








































Tim Gunn.

And guess what?

I'm missing it by a WEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

If you didn't hear, he did a free fashion show for Lucky Brand today (utilizing REAL women as the models. How cool is that?) and was giving away his autographed book (which is awesome, if you haven't, you need to read it. It's one of my read-again-agains. I honestly read it like a self-help book whenever I need a confidence/nicety boost.) for those that spent $100 or more at Lucky Brand. I'm not gonna lie. I would consider doing some very silly things for that book. I'm too broke to buy it. Fortunately, nobody can seem to find it in my library... Because it's always at my house :]

For those of you who know me personally, you know that I'm not exactly the type who withers when meeting a celebrity. Or talking about a celebrity. There's actually not a list of many that I really want to meet. (okay, there's THREE I would love to meet). But Tim Gunn is one of my favorite TV personalities ever. Not only is he so big in fashion, but he's blunt and honest, holds respect and manners very highly, is shows great confidence in who he is, and gave at least this girl the self esteem to feel beautiful again. I can only hope that someday I'll have the fabulous privilege of meeting this interesting man.

I can't even explain how disappointed I am. If any of you have the VERY lucky opportunity to meet him this weekend, PLEASE tell him how a very nice little girl who respects him very much was very sad to miss the chance to meet him!!

Seriously, how cool a birthday present would it have been to meet someone I've wanted to meet for so long??

Siiiiiiiigh.

Anywho. Tomorrow, my last birthday in Idaho. And I'm going to spend a great deal of the day packing. And the other part doing homework. Whooo. Do I know how to party :D

XOXO, E

No comments:

Post a Comment