22 October, 2011

It is so far past official...

I hate moving.

HATE.

H.A.T.E.

It sucks. Epically.

We have officially been packing for TWO MONTHS. Isn't that disgusting? Who knew one family could have this much JUNK to pack??? But, I'm very happy that we're FINALLY getting close. We're now aiming to be leaving this coming Tuesday, which means we'll probably be in our new house by Friday. It's apparently still going to be crazy, pull-your-hair-out busy since my momma decided she wants us to jump into our new church, so she signed us up for everything under the sun, including several halloween activities. Most of them happening on Saturday. As in, a week from today. As in ONE day after we get there. Plus a halloween party. Plus I've been told we're going to celebrate my birthday (again) once we get down there (which, FYI, will be the fourth time I've celebrated my birthday this year. My family always jokes that my sister always tries to make her birthday into a week long event. I think I got her beat with my month-long party bahaha. :])

ANYWAY. Since I'm supposed to be doing my homework right now (I still have last week's in addition to this week's. Yupp. Moving. Rocks my socks. In a way that creates the SLIGHTEST glimmers of homicidal tendencies. Just saying.), so in an effort to keep this short, I'm just going to share a few photos that have been particularly fun (or stressful. I can't decide) to me this week.

And for more photos, don't forget to follow me on We Heart It, which I'm apparently completely addicted too :]  http://weheartit.com/Emiebee



 I ended up not feeling like baking for my ACTUAL birthday, so we did cheesecake instead. All these boys here were pretty happy to just eat it straight, but I took each plate and decorated them in different ways. All the creative fun without actually having to bake. BUT.... really, it would have been better if we had something other than paper plates. Bahaha.


 Here's our newest "little" addition to our house. And sadly, it's almost full already. We're getting a SECOND one of Monday. See? We have a ton of CRAP. And out front yard is looking rather white trash about now.


 This is one of my puppies, Einstein. He's the only one of our four dogs that doesn't run away the second he gets outside, so we let him out while we were packing up the truck. He thought it was the coolest thing ever. He's been figuring out different ways to get into the truck, too, between finding the lines on the ramp that don't have the no-slip spikes on them to using the piled up boxes as stairs. He's a smart little bugger.


 And THIS is Cooper. It was waaay too cute that when we were packing stuff in the living room, and randomly had this wardrobe box on the ground, she kept sneaking in there and laying down. She loved it.


 Or maybe she just wanted to make sure we didn't leave her behind.


 I'm in the process (or was, two months ago :]) of making an entire line of these creepy, grungy little monster necklaces. I'm having wayyy too much fun with the morbidness of it all ^.^


 I love halloween. Always have. And since I'm probably not doing my commission cosmetics this year like I usually do, I fully intend to bake and make some silly ghoul treats this week. Fortunately, I'm finding SO many that are VERY inspirational. I have WAAAAY too many ideas.

 Anyone remember that old cartoon Ahhh Real Monsters? Or Monsters, Inc? I want to do as many different and interesting designs as possible!! Send me ideas if you have 'em!


 My mantra for the up-coming months.



 AND... how I'm surviving now :]



XOXO, E

No comments:

Post a Comment